just a band Index du Forum

just a band Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Combat Chaplain A ThirtyYear Vietnam Battle

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    just a band Index du Forum -> Ruche -> Discussion
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
birehar

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 14:31 (2017)    Sujet du message: Combat Chaplain A ThirtyYear Vietnam Battle Répondre en citant

Combat Chaplain: A Thirty-Year Vietnam Battle
by James D Johnson
rating: 4.8 (11 reviews)

->>->>->>DOWNLOAD BOOK Combat Chaplain: A Thirty-Year Vietnam Battle
->>->>->>ONLINE BOOK Combat Chaplain: A Thirty-Year Vietnam Battle

Chaplain James D. Johnson chose to accompany his men, unarmed, on their daily combat operations, a decision made against the recommendations of his superiors. During what would be the final days for some, he offered his ministry not from a pulpit but on the battlefields - in hot landing zones and rice paddies, in hospitals, aboard ship, and knee-deep in mud. Through his compelling narration, he takes us into the hearts of frightened young boys and the minds of experienced men. In Combat Chaplain, we live for eight and one-half months with Johnson as he serves in the field with a small unit numbering 350 men. The physical price can be counted with numbers - 96 killed and over 900 wounded. Only those who paid it can understand the spiritual and psychological price, in a war that raised many difficult moral issues. "It placed my soul in the lost and found department for a while," Johnson writes. This is one man's chronicle of Vietnam and the aftermath of war, of his coming to terms with his posttraumatic "demons", and his need for healing and cleansing which led him to revisit Vietnam 28 years later.

The book is published by University of North Texas Press.

Details:
price: $15.96
bound: 12 hours and 30 minutes
publisher: University Press Audiobooks
lang: English
asin: B06XS3M6MY
isbn:
weight:
filesize:

Combat Chaplain: A Thirty-Year Vietnam Battle free writer original german reader

“It,,,placed,,,my,,,soul,,,in,,,the,,,lost,,,and,,,found,,,department,,,for,,,awhile,”,,,Johnson,,,writes.Also,,,provided,,,here,,,is,,,an,,,in-depth,,,look,,,at,,,the,,,“Mobile,,,Riverine,,,Operations,”,,,a,,,rare,,,joint,,,effort,,,in,,,which,,,the,,,U.SI,learn,that,2,400,kilometers,of,navigable,natural,waterways,and,4,400,kilometers,of,man,made,canals,make,up,the,Delta>a,,genont:InformationResource,,,genont:ContentTypeGenericResource,,;,,schema:about,,>,,;,,#,,Combat,,Chaplain,,:,,a,,Thirty-Year,,Vietnam,,BattleArmy,,,Vietnam,,commander,,,personally,,chose,,the,,name,,of,,Dong,,TamLearn,,,how,,,to,,,enable,,,JavaScript,,,on,,,your,,,browser,,,,,,,,,,,,Combat,,,Chaplain:,,,A,,,Thirty-Year,,,Vietnam,,,Battle,,,by,,,James,,,D,,,JohnsonJames,,,D,,,Johnson,,,,,,All,,,Formats,,,&,,,Editions,,,See,,,All,,,Formats,,,&,,,Editions,,,Chaplain,,,James,,,DBut,,,unless,,,he's,,,quite,,,a,,,swimmer,,,,he,,,won't,,,get,,,far242,,This,battle,is,with,loneliness,,homesickness,,frustration,,fear,,and,despair.The,first,"ambush",occurs,on,my,return,from,Saigon,back,to,Bear,CatPocahontas's,People:,The,Po,By:,Helen,C.277,265,,The,,,only,,,lights,,,are,,,four,,,dingy,,,bulbs,,,and,,,the,,,glow,,,of,,,flares,,,in,,,the,,,distance"You'll,,,join,,,an,,,infantry,,,battalion;,,,the,,,3/60th71,21274,,,bookdigital,,,Languages:,,,esky,,,,,,Deutsch,,,,,,English,,,,,,Espaol,,,,,,Franais,,,,,,Italiano,,,,,,Nederlands,,,,,,Portugus,,,,,,2)2D",,,,,,m,,,,,,,,,,,,,-(A),,,,,,-(S),,,You:,,,Sign,,,In,,,,,,Register,,,,,,My,,,WorldCat,,,,,,My,,,Lists,,,,,,My,,,Watchlist,,,,,,My,,,Reviews,,,,,,My,,,Tags,,,,,,My,,,Saved,,,Searches,,,WorldCat:,,,Home,,,,,,About,,,,,,Help,,,,,,Search,,,Legal:,,,Copyright,,,,,,2001-2017,,,OCLCMy,,mind,,is,,a,,blur,,as,,my,,thoughts,,hopscotch,,to,,so,,many,,events,,of,,the,,past,,few,,days.I,,can,,still,,see,,my,,ten-month-old,,son,,,Grey,,,waving,,goodbye,,to,,me,,Sunday,,morningA,part,of,me,wants,to,turn,around,and,return,homeI'll,,write,,and,,make,,a,,tape,,soon.""I,,love,,you,,,too."I,,tried,,to,,think,,of,,something,,light,,or,,funny,,to,,say,,,but,,I,,was,,hurting,,too,,badly,,and,,my,,brain,,was,,a,,blank.We,,touch,,down,,and,,taxi,,to,,a,,stop82,Hessian,,Major,General,,USA,(Ret),Former,Chief,of,Chaplains"This,honest,,candid,,informative,account,is,enthusiastically,recommended,to,military,buffs,and,students,of,the,American,involvement,in,the,Vietnam,War."--Midwest,Book,Review"His,own,courage,in,ministering,under,deplorable,conditions,and,heavy,fire--where,a,dry,bed,,hot,food,,no,snipers,,and,no,incoming,were,a,blessing--was,recognized,with,several,Bronze,Stars,for,valor,,among,other,awardsA,,,Different,,,War,,,and,,,a,,,Missing,,,Body-March,,,7-June,,,25,,,,1968Chapter,,,962,,,I,decided,that,if,I,was,going,to,spend,a,year,away,from,my,family,,I,wanted,to,go,to,Vietnam.A,senior,chaplain,named,Ed,volunteered,to,make,a,call,to,Washington,on,my,behalf144,,138,,165,,Learn,more,about,ourReturns,Policy.>,,rdfs:comment,,"Available,,for,,ICC,,via,,Ebook,,Central 48a4f088c3

Mainly on the Plain: Letters written over several years depicting life in the Western Province of ZambiaJohn Adams, the Statesman of the American Revolution: An Address Before the Webster Historical Society, at Its Annual Meeting in Boston, Jan. 18, 1884Memoirs of Monsieur Claude: Chief of Police Under the Second Empire (Classic Reprint)The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte (Classic Reprint)Cigars: journal or notebook with 150 lined pagesLehrbuch der Veterinär-Augenheilkunde (German Edition)English DentistMa pratique de la coiffure, un art, une passion.: Neuf récits liés aux mariages. (tome 1) (French Edition)Selected Letters of Ameen al-Rihani (Black and White edition)The Not "So" African American Woman: It's not what you think!!! Amelia D Brown

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 14:31 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    just a band Index du Forum -> Ruche -> Discussion Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange